Are you going on a cruise? Is Jamaica on your itinerary? While your ship is in port, relax and play at an all-inclusive beach resort! For stops in Montego Bay enjoy the Sunset Beach Resort & Spa. Cruising to the port of Ocho Rios? Spend the day at the Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort & Spa for the whole family or the adults-only Jewel Dunn’s River Beach Resort & Spa. Cruising to the port of Falmouth? Enjoy your Jamaica shore excursion at the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa! Cruisers can enjoy white sand beaches, sparkling pools, savory lunches, snacks, beverages, tropical drinks–all included. Read more about it here!
Update: December 12, 2012
In Jamaica, Resort For a Day passes are now offered to the Jewel Runaway Bay Resort in addition to the Jewel Dunn’s River Resort (Ocho Rios, adults only).
Want to golf while you’re in Jamaica? If you’re cruising into Montego Bay or Falmouth, enjoy an amazing round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course at Rose Hall. This fabulous Jamaica golf course is located next to the Hilton Rose Hall resort. If your ship stops in Falmouth or Ocho Rios, enjoy an amazing round at the Jewel Runaway Bay Golf Club. This Jamaica golf course is located very close to the Jewel Runaway Bay Beach Resort.
Update: May 24, 2012
I have participated in online webinars by Stuart, the owner of Resort For a Day, and learned a lot more about this unique product. I have been on many Caribbean cruises, and I sure wish the Resort for a Day program had been available to me. Additional properties and islands have been added:
Jamaica: new port of Falmouth now available (Hilton Rose Hall & Spa); also the adults only Jewel Dunn’s River
Grand Cayman: Westin Casurina Resort and Spa on Seven Mile Beach (but not all inclusive)
Barbados: three resorts to choose from (two are not all inclusive), the Almond Casurina is all inclusive
Nassau: Paradise Island Harbour Resort
Freeport: Viva Wyndham
Cozumel: El Cid Resort or Cozumel Palace
Roatan: Club Natale Bay Villas (New)
Some bullet points I learned about this program:
• Resort for a Day is not affiliated with the cruise lines
• Forms of payment accepted: Credit Cards and PayPal
• Full refund if your ship misses the port
• Can cancel up to 11 days prior
• Your admission to the property is reserved and guaranteed, because some resorts place a limit on the number of day passes available to cruise ship passengers.
• The island properties are NOT time shares—you will be treated as a resort guest
• Jamaica: transfers included
• Nassau: transfers not included
• Freeport: transfers included
• Grand Cayman: no food and drink included, but includes beach chair/umbrella and even a room at the Westin Casurina resort, where you can shower and relax! The resort pass is for up to four guests.
• Kids under 3 free
These day passes are as low as $69 per adult, and in many cases, INCLUDE TRANSFERS from the ship to the resort! How many shore excursions offered by the cruise lines are under $70 and include all your food and drink? Read more about it here!