Are you going on a cruise? Is Jamaica on your itinerary? While your ship is in port, relax and play at an all-inclusive beach resort! For stops in Montego Bay enjoy the Sunset Beach Resort & Spa. Cruising to the port of Ocho Rios? Spend the day at the Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort & Spa for the whole family or the adults-only Jewel Dunn’s River Beach Resort & Spa. Cruising to the port of Falmouth? Enjoy your Jamaica shore excursion at the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa! Cruisers can enjoy white sand beaches, sparkling pools, savory lunches, snacks, beverages, tropical drinks–all included. Read more about it here!
Update: March 15, 2015
Update: December 12, 2012
In Jamaica, Resort For a Day passes are now offered to the Jewel Runaway Bay Resort in addition to the Jewel Dunn’s River Resort (Ocho Rios, adults only).
Update: May 24, 2012
I have participated in online webinars by Stuart, the owner of Resort For a Day, and learned a lot more about this unique product. I have been on many Caribbean cruises, and I sure wish the Resort for a Day program had been available to me. Additional properties and islands have been added:
Jamaica: new port of Falmouth now available (Hilton Rose Hall & Spa); also the adults only Jewel Dunn’s River
Grand Cayman: Westin Casurina Resort and Spa on Seven Mile Beach (but not all inclusive)
Barbados: three resorts to choose from (two are not all inclusive), the Almond Casurina is all inclusive
Nassau: Paradise Island Harbour Resort
Freeport: Viva Wyndham
Cozumel: El Cid Resort or Cozumel Palace
Roatan: Club Natale Bay Villas (New)
Some bullet points I learned about this program:
• Resort for a Day is not affiliated with the cruise lines
• Forms of payment accepted: Credit Cards and PayPal
• Full refund if your ship misses the port
• Can cancel up to 11 days prior
• Your admission to the property is reserved and guaranteed, because some resorts place a limit on the number of day passes available to cruise ship passengers.
• The island properties are NOT time shares—you will be treated as a resort guest
• Jamaica: transfers included
• Nassau: transfers not included
• Freeport: transfers included
• Grand Cayman: no food and drink included, but includes beach chair/umbrella and even a room at the Westin Casurina resort, where you can shower and relax! The resort pass is for up to four guests.
• Kids under 3 free
These day passes are as low as $69 per adult, and in many cases, INCLUDE TRANSFERS from the ship to the resort! How many shore excursions offered by the cruise lines are under $70 and include all your food and drink? Read more about it here!