Great article by Joe Pike from Travel Agent Central about some new offerings in Jamaica…
Some bullet points:
New projects in Port Antonio:
- the oceanfront, 13-villa Trident Hotel and the landmark Trident Castle has been converted into an eight-room luxury hotel
- The Trident Hotel (opening April 15) comprises 13 studio and one- and two-bedroom villas with private, heated plunge pools, and terraces overlooking the sea. Amenities include outdoor soaking tubs, steam rooms, wet bars, and sleek, modern interiors complete with flat-screen Apple TVs and Wi-Fi. It was thoroughly renovated but maintains most of its original Jamaican-Georgian exteriors. The public spaces include an infinity swimming pool; screening room that doubles as an art gallery; a boutique; gym with a Jacuzzi, yoga deck and spa treatment room; library; indoor and outdoor dining; two indoor bars; and its own private beach and beach bar.
The Trident Castle’s charm and a bit of its old glamour still reigns on this sprawling seven-acre oceanfront estate offering a one-of-a-kind luxury experience. Much of the original furnishings and interiors have been refurbished and kept intact, creating a distinctive retro-chic ambiance. Built as a private residence in 1979, the Castle has become a symbolic landmark of Port Antonio’s history, with eight bedrooms (en-suite bathrooms) and modern amenities such as 500-thread-count sheets and more.
- the Blue Lagoon Restaurant & Villas
- Later in 2013, a destination within a destination to bring locals and tourists together to enjoy the legendary aquamarine waters of this natural wonder. Blue Lagoon will act as a full-service recreational, dining, and accommodation resort situated on the scenic north shore. Plans for the revival of this landlocked cove include a heritage museum, botanical gardens, public beach area, restaurant, pier-side craft kiosks, and luxury villas.
- a new All-Inclusive
- Karisma Hotels and Resorts has acquired the former Beaches Sandy Bay Resort in Negril which will now operate as the Seashore Bay Beach Resort
- Disney Cruises Into Jamaica
- the Disney Wonder will visit Jamaica’s newest port in Falmouth as part of the ship’s latest seven-night Western Caribbean itinerary, which will launch from Galveston, Texas
Related: Beaches Sandy Bay
Related: Port Antonio
Related: Falmouth Overtakes Ocho Rios as Top Jamaican Cruise Port